Saturday, October 6, 2012

Orly SpellBound Halloween 2012 Collection

Hello ladies!!!  Today I have three polishes from the Orly's SpellBound Halloween 2012 Collection.  There is a fourth as well, but it's just a repromote of their shiny black creme, so I skipped that one.  Keep reading!

First up is Right Amount of Evil.  She's small holo hexes, fine holo bars and superfine orange glitter in an orange jelly base.  Truth be told, I'm not that into her.  She just doesn't scream Halloween to me.  I wasn't feeling her at Sally's, but I carpe diemed and got her anyway.  I should have listened to my cosmetical instincts.  First of all, she's completely misnamed.  There is nothing evil about her.  She looks like a goldfish, for crap's sake.  Not Halloweeny at all.  She feels really springy to me.  Maybe I'd feel differently if I put her over black.  Anyway, this is one coat of RAOE over two coats of Maybelline New York Color Show Sweet Clementine.  No application issues.




Next up is R.I.P.  She's small coppery hexes and glitter in a black jelly base.  I like her much better.  I layered her over two coats of OPI Deutsch You Want Me Baby because I was expecting her to be much more sheer than she is.  I do like the kind of backlit glow DYWMB is giving, but I think next time I will try two or three coats on her own.  Easy, smooth application, good glitter payoff.




Last, and easily my favorite, is Monster Mash.  WHAT.  She is bright grassy green holo hexes with fine holo bars and fine holo glitter in a kind of limey jelly base.  It's insane.  This is one coat over two coats of OPI Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!  I love the contrast of the bright shiny green glitter over the murky grayish green of NNNOF.  This is Husband's favorite of the bunch, too.  I told him the color combo reminds me of a big boobie girl running from a werewolf in a foggy swampy forest kind of horror movie, but he didn't get it.  Whatever.  Again, great application and glitter payoff.  I will be buying a backup.  I feel like she could be worn almost year round depending on what she is layered over.



Look at all that holo color play!!!!




What do you think of this collection?  Is it full of goldfish and swamp monster things, or am I just crazy?

Happy Saturday!!! xoxo Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment