Monday, October 29, 2012

This Is Halloween 10/29: Graveyard

Hello ladies!  Halloween is only two days away!  Our weekend was super spooky: we did two costume parties, saw one of my clients play a Monster Mash show with his surf band, did some costume bowling, visited the pumpkin patch, and watched the Giants sweep Detroit in the World Series!  I need a day off to rest up from my day off lol!


Today's theme is Graveyards!  I'm one of those weird people who thinks graveyards are just gorgeous.  I love taking walks through cemeteries and reading all the headstones and peering in mausoleums.  It's so peaceful and relaxing.  BTW, do you know what the difference between a graveyard and a cemetery is?  A graveyard is attached to a church, and a cemetery stands alone.  Just a little useless trivia.

As always, this design looked soooooo much better in my head!


This is two coats of China Glaze Spontaneous, a dusky purple.  I wanted to give a twilighty effect, like the sky is caught in the limbo between light and darkness.  For the design, I used Finger Paints Nail Art in Ch-ART-coal.  I used all black to silhouette the stones against the sky.  The blobs and scratches in the sky are supposed to be tree branches and birds. :/  On my thumb I tried to do a cemetery gate and crescent moon. 


I actually liked the effect of this design.  It had a still, somber vibe.  Sorry about the stained fingertips... I had just removed a navy blue polish and glitter and apparently one layer of base coat was insufficient lol!

Coming tomorrow: Trick or Treat!

Happy Monday! xoxo Kris

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog-very cool! You may want to remove the word verification-people hate that and won't leave comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fingers! I definitely will... I didn't know it was doing that lol!

      Delete