Friday, September 14, 2012

Girls Night Gradient

Happy Melissa's Birthday Girls Night In!  Yes, it's for sure tonight.  I double checked after last week's confusion.  I am getting ready to girly it up with Girls Night Mani #2!

So this is my first gradient.  I haven't tried one before because first, it seemed like a lot of work, and second, I'm kind of lazy.  Turns out gradients aren't hard at all!  I do, however, have freakishly small tyrannosaurus rex hands and covered up most of the base color, so next time I'll adjust accordingly :)

I used ULTA's Encore Pink for the base (which I HATED... after four coats it was STILL streaky and patchy!), China Glaze Pink Plumeria, China Glaze Love's a Beach, and OPI's Teenage Dream from the Katy Perry collection.


I used the sponge method with Pink Plumeria and Love's a Beach for the gradient and dabbed Teenage Dream over the top half of my nails.

 sunlight

 sunlight

 shade

 shade

 with flash
 with flash

with flash

Now that I know how easy this technique is, I'll be playing around with lots of different combinations!

Happy Birthday, Melissa!  We bouts to get our girly on!

Happy Friday!!!!!!  xoxo Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment