Monday, September 17, 2012

Mermaid Mani!!!!

So I want to marry this mani.  Like love and cherish and have its children.  This is my perfect mani:  bluish green, greenish blue, super shiny, sparkly glittery holo.  GORGEOUS.  It super makes me think of the it's a small world Ariel scene at Disneyland.


Who doesn't love The Little Mermaid?!

 First I laid down two coats of China Glaze's Shower Together.  I love this medium bright blue creme.  She's slightly thick but levels well and is nice and opaque in two coats.  Then I applied two coats (for added depth) of Mermaid Tale from Orly's Shine FX collection.   I love this polish.  I LOVE IT.  It's like King Triton's kingdom in a bottle.  She's green microglitter and small ocean blue and sea green holo glitter in a clear base.  She's not too thick, loaded with glitter, spreads easily, and requires no fishing in the bottle or pushing around on the nail to get beautiful, even coverage.  I've only put her on over underwear, but I'm thinking she would take three good coats to become fully opaque.  The surface texture after one coat of topcoat is just slightly pebbly.  PERFECTION.


WHATTT.


My camera could not even handle her gorgeousness in the sunlight; it made her look kind of gritty, but I promise that's not the case in real life.






These photos were taken in the shade and are a much better representation of how she really looks.  Delicious.




I die.

Totally Ariel.

You can grab both China Glaze and Orly at Sally's, ULTA, and etailers like Transdesign.   Here's hoping Mermaid Tale is still in stock.  Seriously, I need a few backup bottles.

Happy Monday! xoxo Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment