Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy Happenstances

I found this polish at Raley's yesterday while I was picking up some cheese, cilantro, and beverages to feed a couple of friends coming over for tacos.  How I ended up in the cosmetics aisle, I have NO idea.  It was like, "Huh?  What... where am I?  How did this happen?  Well, as long as I'm here...".  You'd be surprised how often that happens.  Anyway, I have a couple of Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength polishes in my stash, and from what I've experienced, the formulas in the Diamond Shine and Diamond Strength lines are pretty reliable:  not too thin, not watery, spreads easily, and the color on the nail is always true to the color in the bottle.  I picked up Black Tie because the duochrome in the bottle really caught my eye!  I know it's not very unique at all... in fact, there are tons of purple to green duochromes out there, but I think of Sally Hansen as a basic white tee or a pair of ballet flats.  You can never have too many.  I'm wearing two coats of Black Tie here.

In the sun, Black Tie looks really close to OPI's Cuckoo For This Color.  She has some amazing shine going on!


I wasn't really able to capture her purple shift with my camera very well at all, but it definitely comes out to play in less bright light.  I spent a lot of time in the break room at work today between clients tipping my hands this way and that to admire the changing of the colors.  Don't judge.  :)

You can find all kinds of Sally Hansen nail care products in the cosmetics aisle of most drugstores.

xoxo Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment